Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I wonder...

When I was single, and then when I got married, I had many chores to do. But, at the end of the day, I seemed to get most things done. Now with a toddler, my life has changed.

I wonder if I will ever have a house
without laundry to do,
dishes to wash,
emails to respond to,
blog posts to write,
photos to get printed,
gifts to wrap,
thank-you notes to write,
clutter to remove,
rooms to pick up,
diapers to change,
clothes to put away,
vacuuming,
sweeping,
dusting,
ugh!

I guess it is one of those days, when it seems like my to-do list keeps getting longer and longer and longer. I thought I was finally getting on top of things, doing only 2 loads of laundry (easy enough to put away right), when I realize that I didn't put away the last load, and then Nate falls and gets a bloody lip and bleeds all over my shirt. More laundry!!

I like following FlyLady but even doing that seems overwhelming at times. For those experienced wives and mommas out there, what do you do to keep yourself sane when the list seems endless?

4 comments:

Jen said...

I hope you get some good comments - I'm right there with ya!

Unknown said...

Yes, I know the feeling! I hoped it might get better once we're past the baby stage but sounds like not. I would love suggestions too!

Kathryn said...

#1, don't underestimate the power of a glass of wine to help you NOT CARE that the list is getting longer

#2, we moms have a tendency to just go put the dishes in the sink, but on our way, we see a toy to put in the toy bin, we walk by the magazine that needs to be stowed, a toilet that needs to be flushed, a recipe that needs to be filed, a phone to answer...and then we forget what we were doing in the first place!

#3 just take it one thing at a time and know that the days when you "get it all done" are long gone...and that's ok :-)

Geri said...

It is true that your work will never be done. But being a mom is the best job I have ever had and I never get tired of the benefits. You are doing a great job Lexy!