Monday, April 27, 2009

Daybook - April 27


For Today, my Daybook (it's been awhile...) ...

Outside My Window…
dark, drizzly, humid

I am thinking…
That 1 week from today is our 7th wedding anniversary!

I am thankful for…
my parents visiting this weekend and allowing us to go on a date night Saturday!

We are learning…
Crawling! We had some friends over Saturday and they were showing Nate now to crawl. He's getting better at scooting on his stomach and rolling over (like off the breast-feeding pillow, tries to off the changing table, etc.)

From the kitchen…
Did my meal plan last night (both boys went to bed early). Tomorrow Shana and I are off to Sun Harvest, and we are taking 2 meals to friends this week who just had babies!

I am wearing…
2004 Old Navy shirt and jeans (which are getting kinda loose...)

I am creating…
Nate's 9 month update cards to family...before he turns 10 months this week! ugh!

I am going…
to hopefully have a car! We finally got the CR-V back last week, then found a screw in the tire. Ry got that fixed today, but now there is a rattling sound where the car was hit. It may go back to the shop, then we are back down to 1 car!

I am reading…
finished my Dr. Laura book (In Praise of Stay at Home Moms) last week. Now I really need to start the Shack.

I am hoping…
that we don't get hail...I hear the thunder!

Around the house…
need to get the guest room ready - my sister moves in next month! yea! also need to get back on track on my Flylady missions!

One of my favorite things…
watching Nate on a real swing today - he even pumped his legs! Looks like we got a good swinger!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
Sun Harvest tomorrow, meals to deliver, playdate with the G's, find Ry an anniversary gift (any suggestions for something Copper or Wool - we try to be creative with the yearly anniversary gifts)

Here is a picture thought I am sharing…our belated pic from Easter. We went to 8 am Mass and it was cold and rainy - so no Spring colors here!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

just curious Alexis, who do you send your update cards do & what do they look like - pictures? i still don't have violet's announcements out and i'm trying to figure out how to salvage that project now that she is 7.5 months old . . .

Alexis D. said...

Jenny, I found these cards for 3. 6. 9 and 12 months. It has space for a picture, info on development, etc. Since Nate is the first grandchild, and first or second great grandchild I thought it would be fun. My grandma sends Nate a note thanking him for his progress report ;-)