Saturday, April 11, 2009

8 Hours on Saturday

My Dad came in town for Easter, and to help us build a vegetable garden. Lexy has been wanting a garden since we moved into this house, and I finally felt like I had enough energy (and help) to build one.

We started out by measuring a 4' x 12' area and marking it off.

Then we tilled the area with a rented tiller, and mixed in some garden soil.


Laid out the lumber.


Anchored it down.


And spread a layer of garden soil on top.


Now we have a nice new raised garden bed. It looks like we'll get rain tonight, and then tomorrow we'll get to plant our vegetables.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I just love growing tomatoes. If only I could figure out a way to keep the squirrels away, but then I suppose the squirrels love home grown tomatoes too. Good luck with your new garden, and I hope you get tons of great veggies from it.

Jenn K

Christina said...

How are the plants? We expect fresh vegies when we come visit. :)