Sunday, January 28, 2007

too much stuff

Seems like the last couple weeks have whirled by. Here are the highlights:

1. Ice hit Texas! We had 3 days off work the week of MLK. We had fun just hanging at the house, but the boys did get a bit stir crazy... photos to come.

2. A good friend from college, CPT Sean Lyerly '98, was killed on Jan. 20 when the Blackhawk helicopter he was flying crashed in Iraq. He was 31, and left behind a wife and 3 year old son. I've been trying to think what I could write that would reflect the man that he was. Still working on that.

3. Lastly, my big event for work was this weekend - the Texas Rally for Life. The weather was perfect (clear, mid 60's), had great volunteers, and even had a few protesters. I feel at peace that it is over, now time to work on our next event.

I'm going to Sean's rosary tonight, and Bishop Aymond is presiding over the funeral tomorrow. I'm going to need to find some tissues.

No comments: