Wednesday, July 14, 2010

2 years old!!







My little boy is 2 years old!  I can't believe it!!  This year has flown by.  I guess that is something I will probably say every year.  It has been a great year - from walking to talking!

This last month Nate has really been talking!  He doesn't like to be left behind, saying "me, me" whenever someone leaves the room or goes upstairs.  He repeats what you say, and I'm surprised what words he knows - he pointed and said "tractor" last week.  We are working on colors, right now most things are yellow and green, although he can say red and blue.  He still does some sign language, but the verbal is taking precedence.

He loves the sink - always willing to wash dishes, or just play with the water.  And has navigated out of his crib, so he's now in his toddler bed.  We also found a place nearby with free fruit - peaches, plums and pears!  so we picked a bit, and ate a few too!  Racing the car around the house is lots of fun - and needs good send offs - "ready, set, GO!!!".

He has a full mouth of teeth - time to go to the dentist!  He's also learning to share and "mine" has become a new word for him.  We have had fun going taking fieldtrips (to Houston and the fire station), playdates with friends, and just having a good time!

I am honored that God gave me this son to raise!  How thankful I am to be his momma!  




1 comment:

Mrs. G said...

Happy Birthday Nate!
He's smiling in all the pictures! He's a happy kid!