Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Biggest Loser workshop



This past weekend I went to my biggest loser workshop.  It was down in Buda (about 45 minutes South) and started at 7:30 am.  I didn't want to be late, so I was out of the house at 6:30!

It started with a VIP reception with some of the contestants.  2 were from season 2 (before I watched - ryan and pete), one from season 4 (david), 2 from season 7 (sione and filipe), and 3 from season 8 (liz, dena and tracey).  The stuck together for a bit, but eventually walked around to meet us fans.  A few I wasn't really a fan of during the show, and didn't really want to meet them.  I think my perceptions of them were right too... I met sione and filipe - who were great!  Just like the show!  There were my favorites.


I also met Dena, and we discussed the hardships of the contestants being away from their families.



There were fitness workshops - bootcamp, towelmoves, yogalates, skinny mini, and zumba.  There were also cooking, roll away pain and fat myth workshops too.  We only got to pick 5, so I did the bootcamp, towelmoves, cooking, skinny mini and roll away pain.

The workshops were good, and there was a variety of people there - from the super fit to those getting started with their fitness goals.  I feel that in all I probably worked out hard core for 1 1/2 hours!

The best part was talking to the contestants (most did fit my preconception of them) and the panel they had at lunch.  People asked them everything from how long they worked-out a day (4 hours with trainer, 2-4 hours of homework a day), did they do their own cooking (yes), did they get paid ($50/day for earlier seasons, $100/day for later ones), and how they felt about the show (positive how it helped them).  Being on the show did affect their families (how they changed their way of eating, etc.) and they did have a hard time returning back home (no clothes fit, dropped by the show - no trainers, $$, etc.).

It was a great day.  I returned home just in time to head back out to pick up Tessa from the airport at 5:30. We got home, Ry made a super dinner of white chili, and I fell dead asleep at 8 pm!  And didn't get up until 8:30 am on Sunday.  Seriously, it has been since way before Nate was born that I have been able to sleep 12 1/2 hours!

Now to figure out how to work out this week!!

2 comments:

Tabriah said...

That sounds amazing!!! So Tracey was crazy, right??? Every season there is a crazy!!! I guess someone has to stir the pot...and make Jillian's veins pop out. :) I love Biggest Loser.

Jenn K said...

What great tips you picked up. You will have to pass them on to us regular folks.