Sunday, June 10, 2007

another beautiful soul...

It's with sadness that I write this...

About 3 weeks ago we found out that we were expecting our 3rd child. Last weekend I started having some complications and on Tuesday of last week we found out that our little one has returned back to our Lord.

Even though she was with us just a few weeks, she is greatly missed. I miscarried her at around 6 weeks.

I had strong feelings that it was a girl (as did my friend Robin), and we've named her Lucy Grace. Lucy, after St. Lucy, an early martyr and woman strong in her faith. Lucy also means light, and she brought light to our lives, knowing that we could get pregnant again after the miscarriage in January. Grace, for the grace we received in having her in our life. Now she is reunited with our Lord, and with her brother and sister in heaven.

Please keep us in your prayers. This week has been difficult for us. We also begin the hard road of further testing, both of me and of Ry. May the Lord provide us with guidance during this time.

2 comments:

Em said...

Keeping you and Ryan in our prayers, Alexis!

FloridaWife said...

Alexis, I'm so sorry to hear all this!!!! I m/c at 6 weeks twice.