Thursday, January 22, 2009

eating...and more!

Wow, this has been a fun past week and a half for us! First, Nate has started now on the orange and yellow veggies - he seems to like sweet potatoes but not carrots. And tonight he decided he now doesn't like sweet potatoes! He is, though, a fan of the rice cereal.

And other other BIG event - Nate has moved into his room! I know, probably long overdue, but we, his parents, weren't ready. I put him down for his naps there on Monday, and Monday night Ry put him to bed! Yea! Well, he only slept until 1 am, and then back to our room But Tuesday night it was 9 pm - 6 am!! Yea Nate!!

I was soo worried that we would have a sleeping problem until I realized that we didn't have a routine. Once we put one in place, seems to be working well. We read a couple stories, then I lay him down for a nap. I do give him his favorite afghan that my grandmother gave him, and he's content. For evenings, it is his dinner, bath, nurse, stories and then bed!

We are off to visit my parents next week (Ry has a business trip), so we'll see if I can keep this up! Ry has been doing such a great job!

Here are a few of my favorite eating pics! Did a photo shoot too, so I put up the best tomorrow!






5 comments:

Kathryn said...

routines will save your life, and your sanity, trust me...

KBratten said...

Yep, once they're old enough to get going on a semi-predictable routine (given that the time it all starts each night may vary), it makes life in general easier. I started Joshua on one around 2 months and now he gets a bath/feeding/bed in the 8-9pm hour and sleep till 4am-ish. Little milestones that keep the family moving happily :)

Em said...

Alexis, I love your blog! Nate is so cute!!!!!
OK.....
Now I have to ask because I am totally baffled...
What's a sleeping problem? Do you mean you are worried he won't sleep, or something like that? This is totally a silly question, I'm sure:):) Humor me, chica!

Alexis D. said...

Emily -

Nate was having trouble napping (like not taking one) and going to bed quite late (like around 10). I realized that I wasn't giving him the right cues to go to bed. So we started on these routines and things are going well. Being said, he probably will change everything up this weekend!

Anonymous said...

I love the pic with Dad's mouth wide open. We have a pic like that with Andrew and Cecilia. Seems to be the natural thing to do. :) http://ceciliaboo.wordpress.com/2007/11/22/cecilias-first-cereal/