Saturday, December 22, 2007

I'm on a board!!

One thing I've been especially drawn to is leadership positions in organizations. I was an officer in the many clubs I was in during high school and college (some of my unique organizations include the Penta Club - our high school math club - and Aggie Toasters - part of Toastmasters International). Yet, when you come out of college, you are often "too young" and "not experienced" enough to be on boards.

There are several I would love to be a part of. I would love to help in the development of the organization and play a role in its direction.

So, for the first time since college, I'm on a board!! I'm the secretary of DOVIA - Directors of Volunteers in Austin. It is a local organization that allows volunteer directors a chance to network, share ideas, etc. You can even check out my bio on the site - DOVIA.

I hope that this is just the beginning. As my life changes as our family grows, I hope I will still have the time (and energy) to assist other organizations.

No comments: